Pageviews past week

Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Boy in the Line

As referred by the wall clock in the room and the globally synchronized clock in my laptop it's now 11:04 A.M ,15th August. The chilling breeze outside and the sudden downpour of rain has made this holiday even more breathtakingly beautiful.....luring our mind to coil inside the blankets and take a good nap.While i am scribbling on this post my mother has now entered the kitchen arena with the thought of preparing some new dish of chicken. Till now this is the scenario of my house. If you just take your time to wander around other houses in our neighborhood the projections are more or less alike.
So the simple question lies "When we will learn to value it " ? Yes the learning time is over. It's the 64th Independence Day we're observing. We have been progressive in many fields, but we are lacking in basic fields. Just Google it. Say for a demo:" India is number 1 in test cricket ..wow superb achievement" but sorry sir I have got no electricity or the electric meters are too high for me too afford them ." Stop making excuses and just watch what a splendid knock Sachin has given to us"..sorry I have to prevent my family from the seasonal minor viruses like H1N1,malaria and so on......... Yes we have pros but they have been overshadowed so much with cons that they are hardly notable. The point is none is damn conscious about the date. Hold on, I am not going to rage your minds with my thoughts for country..with how the patriots fight relentlessly to achieve freedom.Yes, I know India has the largest population of the malnourished children still I will enjoy the chicken in my lunch just as I am enjoying the view outside my window right now. When I was a kid, it's very funny thing for me to observe that the middle aged people or the youths going out for a picnic on this date ..(.i myself have gone for a picnic 2-3 years earlier )while the oldies having nothing to do grumble at this site and at every morning at flag hoisting they make a point about it that how far the modern youth have been degraded. If you have born in India you just cannot escape the details of 2 premier things. Firstly India-Pak Cricket Match and next is how our freedom fighters achieved freedom. Millions of history book pages by several authors has been overloaded with their heroism. I mean, thanks to our education system if anyone have the privilege of being slightly educated he/she has to mug up those lines before exam. And if Indian Govt. has failed to educate you ,don't worry,political manifestos,statues,speeches are always there to enlighten you up. The point is if you're Indian you cannot escape our "saga" of freedom  . We have been selling the idea of Independence to each other. We have been always taught about our past heroes flaunting their heroism but not the knowledge of how to handle the prevailing ones. The irony is in the fact that the sellable nature of this idea of independence is no more mystified towards common people. So they have stopped glorifying it and let the system be as it is. Still in the childhood memory of a boy standing in the school line with white shirts red tie and navy blue pants... tapping his eyes shut(sometimes peeping also) in the line singing national anthem on this date ...i wish everyone of you  
 "Happy Independence Day"


No comments:

Post a Comment